Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- In person - drop your repeat slip in at reception having clearly marked the items required.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple registration.
- By Phone the medicines order line (MOL) - give them a call to order your repeat prescriptions (See below for more details)
- MyGP App - download the new app to order medication and book appointments!
We have upgraded to the next phase of the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) which means that almost all of our prescriptions will be processed electronically.
Electronic prescriptions help save the NHS money.
You will receive your prescriptions in the same way as you do now. You do not need to nominate a pharmacy for this.
You can read more about EPS4 here: https://digital.nhs.uk/services/electronic-prescription-service
You can now also use our new app 24/7 to order repeat prescriptions!
Download our NEW app to your smartphone for free. myGP was developed to make access to healthcare easier and faster for patients. Once downloaded, simply log-in with your date of birth and mobile number and add the people you care for, allowing you to book and cancel appointments for them. It’s really that easy! For more information, please visit: mygp.com
MOL - Medicines Order Line
From the 3rd February 2020 the way you can order your prescriptions is changing. A new NHS medicines order line is a convenient way for your to order your prescription. This new service will be available on 01246 588 860 9.00am-4.00pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays.
This means you can now order your prescription in four ways:
- In writing at the surgery
- Online (please bring your photo ID to reception to get your log in details if not already set up)
- Our MyGP app (please bring your photo ID to reception to get your log in details if not already set up)
- The new phone order line - 01246 588860
If you would like more information please click here.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and you will be contacted by post when you need to be seen. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PRESCRIPTION SHOULD BE READY TO COLLECT 2 WORKING DAYS AFTER ORDERING, UNLESS THERE IS A PROBLEM, IN WHICH CASE WE WILL CONTACT YOU TO CLARIFY YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
IF YOU ORDER YOUR PRESCRIPTION ON A THURSDAY IT WILL NOT BE READY TO COLLECT UNTIL MONDAY AND IF YOU ORDER ON A FRIDAY IT WILL BE READY TO COLLECT ON TUESDAY.
IF YOU ORDER YOUR PRESCRIPTION IN THE AFTERNOON IT WILL BE READY TO COLLECT IN THE AFTERNOON, 2 WORKING DAYS AFTER ORDERING.